New technologies and economic regulation
Friday 19 October 2018
09:00 - 12:30
The workshop has two main goals: the first is to briefly outline some solutions which are technologically advanced and readily exploitable by water systems operators. The public utilities sector is experiencing a phase of radical change, thanks to the adoption of new technologies that enable to deeply innovate the manages of all the stage in the value chain.
Besides, the workshop will be the occasion to assess to what extent economic regulation can facilitate the efficient implementation of these innovative solutions.
Driven by this twofold aim, the workshop will start with some evidences submitted by operators who are active in advance technologies at international level and it will move forward with a discussion among water system operators and regulators working within different European institutional contexts.
ROOM Innovation - Hall 18 ACCADUEO,WAREG
Greetings and introduction
Alberto Biancardi, Former WAREG President
Ms Aoife Crowe, Economic Regulation Manager, Commission for Regulation of Utilities – Ireland
- Dimitar Kochkov, Commissioner, Energy and Water Regulatory Commission – Bulgaria
- Szilvia Szaloky, Vice-Presidente, Hungarian Energy and Public Utility Regulatory Authority – Hungary
- Fernando Morcillo, Spanish Association of Water and Waterwater – Spain
- David Kenny, i2O Water, Southampton – United Kingdom
- Klara Ramm, Expert, Polish Waterworks Chamber of Commerce – Poland
- Marco Achilea, ABB Water Division – Italy
- Antonio De Bellis, ANIE Automazione “Task Force Acqua” – Italy
- Giordano Colarullo, Utilitalia – Italy